An appetizer, but these Smoked Scallops can also be prepared as entrée dish by increasing the quantity of scallops and serving with an appropriate vegetable stir fry and rice pilaf.
- 16 Digby (large sized) scallops, approx. 500 g (1 lb)
- 20 ml (4 Tsp) vodka
- Sprigs of fresh parsley, kale or large green olives as garnish
- 4 martini glasses
- Cover two racks with cheesecloth.
- Wash scallops and spread evenly over the racks.
- Place racks in highest positions in the Bradley Smoker and using Cherry flavour bisquettes start the smoke generator at a very low temperature 40°C (100°F) and keep low for 40 to 60 minutes. Make sure the top vent is open at least halfway.
- Remove from the Bradley Smoker.
- Finish cooking the scallops under an oven broiler for approximately 5 minutes turning once and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Allow scallops to cool.
- Place 4 scallops in each martini glass.
- Drizzle 5 ml (1 tsp) vodka over the scallops in each glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley, kale or large green olives as according to taste preferences and serve as an appetizer.