Smoked Mushrooms Caps is an easy recipe and it will add elegance to any meal. Smoked mushrooms stuffed with smoked sausage, what could go wrong?
Yield: 12 mushroom caps Prep Time: 15 minutes
12 Medium sized mushrooms, stems removed
2-3 Italian sausages (varies depending on size of mushrooms and sausages)
12 Cubes of extra old cheddar (½ inch cubes)
¼ Cup BBQ sauce
- Squeeze the raw sausage meat out of the casings. Press some sausage meat into each of the mushroom caps.
- Press a cube of extra old cheddar into the sausage meat in each mushroom cap.
- Brush with BBQ sauce.
- Place the mushroom cap on a Bradley Smoker rack.
- Set the smoker to 250°F using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes of choice (apple, cherry, or maple work great).
- Smoke the mushroom caps for 2-3 hours.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka