There are many ways to prepare shrimp canapes. Most of them involve toast, cucumber slices or bread, with a coat of shrimp paste or chopped shrimp spread. This recipe is not so different, as it is served on cucumber slices. However, what makes it special is that shrimps were smoked first, using a mild wood like Apple, Alder or Pacific Blend.
16 Fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ Cup tandoori paste
1 English cucumber
8 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
½ Cup cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with tandoori paste. Place the shrimp on smoker racks.
- Set the smoker to 225°F using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes of choice (Alder, Apple, and Pacific Blend work great).
- Smoke the shrimp until they turn pink. This can take 30-45 minutes. Chill the shrimp in the fridge.
- Slice the English cucumber into ½ inch rounds. Make 16 cucumber rounds.
- Assemble the canapes by spooning some cream cheese on a cucumber round. Top with a grape tomato half and a smoked shrimp. Do this with the remaining cucumbers. Serve immediately or place in the fridge to serve later.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka