That is a delicious way to use turkey meat. By smoking the turkey burgers you give this simple recipe extra flavour. You may use wood of your choice, but pecan or apple bisquettes will work well.
Cook time: Approx 2 1/2 hours
Yield: Serves 4-5
2 pounds fresh ground turkey
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 tsp ground oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Pecan or Apple
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey with the remaining ingredients. Use your hands to knead the turkey mixture until spices and bread crumbs are mixed through the meat.
2. Shape the turkey mixture into 4 – 5 burgers and place them on smoker racks. Make sure the burgers are not touching.
3. Start up the smoker, using wood bisquettes of choice (pecan or apple works very well!). Bring the smoker up to a temperature of 250 degrees F.
4. Place the burgers in the smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
5. Serve on a burger bun with toppings and condiments of choice