I was recently given a Bradley Digital Smoker and have been smoking anything and everything that I can think of. After coming home from our fishing trip in Oregon, I was asked to smoke the Steelhead that we had caught and brought home. Let me say it turned out amazing. This recipe also works great with Rainbow Trout.
Enjoy – Kristy www.nevadafoodies.com
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Peach Schnapps
- Mr. Yoshidas Original Gourmet Sweet and Savory Marinade
- Ground Black Pepper
- Cut trout into 2 inch wide pieces and brine skin side up for 10-12 hours. Be sure to use a plastic or glass dish.
- Wash fish off, pat dry with a towel and place on wire rack in a cool place. Let sit for 2 hours.
- Brush fish with Mr. Yoshidas Original Gourmet Sweet and Savory Marinade. Add fresh ground black pepper.
- I used Alder Wood and began smoking the fish at 150 degrees for 2 hours. Basting every hour with Mr. Yoshidas Marinade. Increase to 160 for 2 hours. Finish at 170 for 1 to 2 hours until the internal temperature reaches 130/140 degrees.
- Remove from smoker and let sit for 1 hour before vacuum-sealing.