2 lbs salmon fillet
½ cup maple syrup
For the cure:
1 cup kosher salt
1 cup brown sugar
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Maple
1. Mix together salt and brown sugar.
2. Cut salmon into thick 2 inch slices.
3. Lay down a layer of salt-sugar mixture in a container.
4. Place salmon (skin-side up) over salt-sugar mixture then cover with remaining salt-sugar mixture.
5. Cure for 2-3 hours.
6. Remove from cure, rinse and pat dry.
7. Allow to dry in a cool place for two hours.
8. While the smoker is preheating with Maple Bisquettes to approximately 200°F, place salmon inside smoker (so temperature will raise gradually).
9. Every hour brush salmon with maple syrup.
10. Smoke for 4-5 hours.
11. Remove from smoker and brush with remaining maple syrup and cool.
By Lena Clayton