This Smoked Rainbow Trout with Brown Sugar Rub recipe is very easy. The delicate rub helps bring out the natural flavours of the fish.
- 2 rainbow trout fillets, boned
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Place the rainbow trout, side by side on smoker racks, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Make the rub by mixing together the brown sugar with all the spices. Rub the brown sugar mixture on both trout fillets.
- Start up the smoker, using wood bisquettes of choice (alder or pacific blend work very well!). Bring the smoker up to a temperature of 250 F.
- Place the trout fillet in the smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 140 F, about 2-3 hours
Recipe by: Steve Cylka