Don’t think only of sandwiches when we talk about Smoked Pulled Pork Butt. This is a very versatile meat that you can use to fill tacos, burritos or omelets. And it’s never too much. It lasts a couple of days in the fridge and is freezer friendly.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 pork butt roast (typically 7-9 pounds)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground sage
- Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Hickory, Maple or Whiskey Oak
1. Make the rub by mixing together the sugar and all the spices. Generously rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast.
3. Smoke the pork roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 205°F. This can take up to 12 or more hours, depending on the outside temperature and if other food is in the smoker.
4. Pull the pork into clumps or strings.