If you’re looking for an easy side dish to make for your family and friends; look no further. Smoked Potatoes taste like no other potatoes out there. I use this simple recipe to impress my family when we are in the mood for potatoes. Smoking potatoes is like your favorite undershirt that you will never get rid of in your closet. You can dress them up or down, but either way, they will leave your guests wanting more. In my recipe, I am using a Bradley Smoker (electric smoker) so I can achieve that perfect smoke flavor.
Originally from Bryan Edward’s Site Moody Foodie Tulsa Here.
- 6 Russet Potatoes
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 6 tbsp. sour cream
- 6 tbsp. shredded Coby jack cheese
- 1 tsp chive
Bradley Smoker Settings
Cook time: 2 hours minutes
Smoke time: 2 hours
Cook temp: 230 F
Wood Bisquette flavor: Mesquite
- Preheat your smoker to 230 degrees F and set the wood to smoke for 2 hours. I used Mesquite wood for my smoked potatoes.
2. Clean off your potatoes under water and dry them off.
3. Poke holes into your potatoes using a fork on each side so the potato does not explode in your smoker.
4. Coat each potato with olive oil on the skin (this will help the potatoes retain moisture).
5. Sprinkle each potato skin with sea salt (some will fall off and that’s okay).
6. It’s time to smoke! Place the potatoes on your Bradley Smoker and cook for 2 hours or until you can easily pierce with a fork.
7. Add your toppings of your choosing. I used butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, homemade BBQ sauce, and chopped chives. Place back in the smoker for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.