Prepare this Smoked Pork Tenderloin with Plum-Cassis Marinade and be ready to receive the accolades of your guests. This recipe is the one that convinced me that you should use your smoker for more than just salmon. It’s from the cookbook “Marinades” by Jim Tarantino. Better if you use apple, cherry, or pecan wood. Hope you enjoy it if you try it.
2-3 Tablespoons of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
apple or orange juice
3 lb pork tenderloin
6 fresh plums, pitted and coarsely chopped(I freeze some from our tree every summer just for this recipe)
1/4 cup creme de cassis liqueur
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup dry Madeira wine
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg.
1) Boil plums and cassis then reduce heat and simmer for 20 min. Cool.
2) Combine plum mixture with vinegar, wine, garlic, mustard, sugar and nutmeg and puree.
1) Combine marinade and rosemary and marinate pork overnight, or for 8 hours.
2) Remove pork, boil marinade to baste with.
3) Use apple juice in the water pan of your smoker, smoke pork with apple, cherry or pecan, until internal temp reaches 140 F.