This Smoked Pears with Mascarpone Cheese Recipe will just hit the spot. If you are not familiar with it, Mascarpone is a triple-creme cheese, made from a generally low-fat (25%) content fresh cream. It’s made from the milk of cows that have been fed special grasses, filled with fresh herbs and flowers. This special diet creates a unique taste often described as “fresh and delicious.” If you don’t have Mascarpone, use Philly cream cheese instead. But I love Mascarpone cheese. It is sweet, has a very silky texture, and its taste is very similar to whipping cream.
6 pears sliced in halves and cored
For the Sauce
1 1/2 cups apple juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
4 oz of Mascarpone Cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tsp sugar
- Heat up the sauce in the microwave to melt the sugar.
- Give it a good stir and pour it on pears.
- Set the smoker to 300F and load it with 1 1/2 hours of apple bisquettes. Temperature of the smoker stayed right around 240 degrees.
- Mix all the topping ingredients together.
- Then spoon it on top of pears and drizzle a bit of maple syrup on top with a few pecan nuts.