- 2 Lbs. chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp grated or finely minced onions
- ½ Cup bourbon whiskey
- ¾ Cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ¼ Tsp black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients for sauce.
- Simmer until thickened, 5-10 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Preheat smoker to 250°F with Maple Flavor Bisquettes.
- Toss wings with half of the glaze and place on an aluminum baking sheet.
- Smoke until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached, about 2 hours.
- Remove from smoker and toss in remaining glaze.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton