- 2.5 to 3 kg (5 to 6 lb) leg of lamb boned and tied
- 1 small onion peeled and halved
- 1 head of garlic peeled
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon zest
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) rosemary
- 10 ml (2 tsp) coarse salt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) coarse ground pepper
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) olive oil
- lemon wedges
- extra virgin olive oil
- minced fresh mint
- Prepare the paste by combining all the paste ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor and process.
- With the processor running, pour in the oil and continue processing until a paste forms.
- Spread the paste generously on the lamb.
- Place the lamb in a plastic bag/wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the lamb the next day and let stand for 45 minutes.
- Preheat your Bradley Smoker to between 105°C and 120°C (220°F and 250°F).
- Place the lamb in the Bradley Smoker and, using Special Blend flavour bisquettes, smoke/cook until the lamb is medium/rare, approximately 30 minutes per pound. Use a meat thermometer to check.
- Remove lamb when done and let stand 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh mint.