- 16 large prawns
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 4 shallots
- 60 ml (1/4 c) fresh oregano leaves
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme leaves
- 125 g (1/2 lb) unsalted butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground black pepper
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground white pepper
- 4ml (1 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 2 lemons quartered
The recipe can be made ahead a couple of hours to this point and refrigerated until cooking.
- Using a small pair of sharp scissors cut along the top of the prawns
- Using a small, sharp knife cut into the vein along the top of the prawn and rinse it away.
- Put the garlic, shallots, oregano, thyme, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and peppers together in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- In each of the prawns, place some of the paste between the shell and the prawn.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to around 100°C (220°F).
- Using Alder flavour bisquettes smoke/cook the prawns for approximately 40 to 60 minutes or until done.
- Serve accompanied with lemon wedges.