Country Chicken goes wonderfully with mashed or French fried potatoes, coleslaw and peas.
Try smoking a mixture of onions and mushrooms in the last hour with the chicken for a nice side dish. Or slowly sauté smoked onions and mushrooms until translucent and tender. Add flour and chicken broth for a great tasting gravy.
- One 1 to 1.5 kg (2 to 3lb) chicken quartered
- 500 ml (2 c) apple vinegar
- 250 ml (1 c) salad oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) white pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) seasoning mix
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic powder
- 1 egg
- In a medium sized bowl mix together marinade ingredients.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight occasionally turning pieces of chicken.
- Using Apple flavour bisquettes, bring your Bradley Smoker to about 100°C (220°F).
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on racks in smoker.
- Making certain to use a meat thermometer, hot smoke chicken at between 100°C to 120°C (220°F to 250°F) until chicken is thoroughly cooked, approximately 2 to 3 hours.