This recipe is for riblets, which is the portion cut off the pork square ribs. Typically, people trim the spare ribs to cut into side ribs or St.Louis cut. That leaves the riblets as a separate portion. These are best cut into individual riblet portions and smoked and then wrapped in foil with a little beer which essentially steams the riblets, creating super tender meat!
Prep time: 10 minutes Yield: Serves 4 or more
- Cut riblets into individual rib portions (about 1 inch thick).
- Set smoker to 250°F using Premium Beer Bisquettes or Whiskey Oak Bisquettes.
- Make the rub by mixing together the paprika, brown sugar, salt, chipotle powder, black pepper, cumin, and coriander together. Rub the spice mixture all over the riblets. Place the ribs in the smoker and smoke for 2 hours.
- Remove the riblets from the smoker and lay them out on aluminum foil. Lift the edges of the foul and pour the beer over the riblets. Close and fold up the foil, ensuring that the beer does not pour out. Place the wrapped riblets back in the smoker and cook for another hour.
- Remove the riblets from the smoker and take them out of the aluminum foil. Toss the riblets in BBQ sauce and serve.
Recipe by: Steve Cylka