Stuff these Smoked Chicken Calzones with red peppers, olives, smoked chicken cubes and mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and serve with some pizza sauce for dipping!
1 Pizza dough ball
2 Cups smoked chicken, diced
1 Cup green olives, diced
1 Cup roasted red pepper, diced
3 Cups grated mozzarella
⅓ Cup milk
1 Tbsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced smoked chicken, green olives, roasted red pepper, and grated mozzarella.
- Dust flour onto a flat work surface. Place the pizza dough ball on the surface and cut into 8 equal portions.
- Dust your hands with flour and work one of the pizza dough portions into an 8 inch circle. Try to ensure that it is an even thickness. If desired, use a rolling pin to roll the dough into an 8 inch circle.
- Spoon some of the smoked chicken mixture onto the middle of the pizza dough circle. Make sure that there is some space on the edge.
- Fold the dough over making a half circle. Pinch the edges to make sure it is sealed well. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make remaining calzones.
- Make an egg wash by mixing together the egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Brush the egg wash on the calzones and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with some pizza sauce for dipping!
Recipe by: Steve Cylka