- 8 lbs of venison 2 pounds of Kunzler Original Bacon (Salt, Sugar, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite)
- Mix both through a meat grinder 4 jalapeño peppers (without seeds) chopped finely
- 16 oz of your favorite shredded cheese (in a separate bowl)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2.5 teaspoons of hi mountain seasoning per POUND = 20.5 teaspoons 2 teaspoons of hi mountain cure per POUND = 20 teaspoons
Pour dissolved liquid mixture over top of the meat and mix. Stuff in collagen casing Place in the refrigerator from 4 hours to 24 hours (there’s more than enough cure in this to allow for immediate smoking)
- Allow sticks to reach room temperature
- Set Bradley digital to 130 degrees F (54.4C) and allow sticks to dry for 2 hours in the cabinet (without a water bowl)
- Bump the temp to 145 to 150 F (62.8C to 65.5C) and begin smoking with cherry bisquettes for 2 hours (with a water bowl)
- Bump the temp to 160F (71.1C) and cook for another 2 hours
- Bump the temp to 170F (76.7C) to 180F (82.2C)
- Insert your thermometer probe into the top 1/3 of a snack stick (not too high and not too low)
- Continue cooking until you get a reading of 155F (68.3C).
- At that point, pull them and let them sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours (it will continue cooking to 160F).