There are two secrets to prepare a great Smoked Brisket. First is a generous rub with lots of spices and the second is smoking it low and slow.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: Serves 8
- 1 Beef brisket
- 2 Tablespoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Teaspoon white sugar
- Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Mesquite
- Rub salt all over the brisket. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the rub by mixing together the sugar and all the remaining spices. Generously rub the spice mixture all over the brisket.
- Set the smoker to 225°F using Mesquite Flavor Bisquettes.
- Smoke the brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 195°F.
- Slice and serve.