2 tbsp oil
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
750g (2 pound) bag frozen hash browns
1 pound smoked breakfast sausages, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the frozen hash browns. Cook for about 10-15 minutes so that the hash browns cook through and start to crisp up on the outside. Stir often, scraping the bottom of the skillet.
3. Stir in the smoked breakfast sausages, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cook for another 7-10 minutes, stirring often.
4. In another skillet, fry the eggs sunnyside up.
5. Scoop some of the hash onto a plate. Place one or two eggs on top of the hash.
6. Serve hot.