Learn how to smoke the perfect beef tenderloin roast with the Bradley Smoker and Chef Ted Reader. Chef Reader shows us his secrets when it comes to making a Smoked Beef Tenderloin that is juicy and succulent, and don’t worry, the Bradley meat smoker makes this recipe nice and simple.
Start off with a center cut roast. Then, glaze it with a mix of garlic, honey, herbs, and a little bit of mustard and armagnac. Next, apply a nice pepper rub and inject the tenderloin roast with a melted butter and armagnac mixture. Put the roast into the Bradley Smoker and begin smoking using the Bradley Smoker Special Blend Bisquettes. Smoke the beef tenderloin for about 1.5-2 hours and voila, you have a perfect, succulent smoked beef tenderloin roast that is sure to please you and your house guests (that is, if you really want to share)!
Get all the secrets by watching the video and getting the recipe.
Let’s get smoking!
- Center cut beef tenderloin roast, approximately 1 1/2 – 2 lbs and trussed (Tip: You can ask your butcher to do this for you)
4 Pepper Rub
You’ll need 2 Tbsp each Cracked black peppercorns, Cracked pink peppercorns, Cracked white peppercorns, Cracked Szechuan peppercorns and 1 Tbsp Kosher salt.
In a bowl, combine 4 peppercorns and kosher salt. Set aside.
Herb Garlic Mustard Baste
For the baste, use 8 cloves Fresh garlic, minced, 1/4 cup Fresh herbs (parsley rosemary thyme), chopped, 2 tsp each Hot English mustard and Honey, 1 Tbsp Olive oil and 2 oz Armagnac.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, herbs, mustard, honey, olive oil and Armagnac. Stir and set aside.
Armagnac Butter Injection
In a small pot over medium-low heat, melt one stick of butter, add 1 oz Armagnac and set aside, keeping warm.
Bradley Smoker Temperature: 230 degrees F
- Set Bradley Smoker up according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Set temperature to 230 degrees F.
- Take beef tenderloin and baste it with Herb Garlic Mustard Baste, then rub it with the 4 pepper rub, pressing firmly so the pepper adheres. Inject with Armagnac butter mixture, then place in smoker.
- Set thermometer to internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Smoke for 1 1/2 – 2 hours until internal temperature reads 135 degrees F.
- During the smoking process, inject Armagnac Butter into the beef tenderloin, as it smokes.
- Remove from smoker. Allow meat to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.