Learn how to smoke the perfect beef tenderloin roast with the Bradley Smoker and Chef Ted Reader. Chef Reader shows us his secrets when it comes to making a Smoked Beef Tenderloin that is juicy and succulent, and don’t worry, the Bradley meat smoker makes this recipes nice and simple.
Start off with a center cut roast. Then, glaze it with a mix of garlic, honey, herbs, and a little bit of mustard and armagnac. Next, apply a nice pepper rub and inject the tenderloin roast with a melted butter and armagnac mixture. Put the roast into the Bradley Smoker and begin smoking using the Bradley Smoker Special Blend Bisquettes. Smoke the beef tenderloin for about 1.5-2 hours and voila, you have a perfect, succulent smoked beef tenderloin roast that is sure to please you and your house guests (that is, if you really want to share)!
Get all the secrets by watching the video and getting the recipe.
Let’s get smoking!
- Center cut beef tenderloin roast, approximately 1 1/2 – 2 lbs and trussed (Tip: You can ask your butcher to do this for you)
4 Pepper Rub
- 2 Tbsp Cracked black peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp Cracked pink peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp Cracked white peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp Cracked Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
In a bowl, combine 4 peppercorns and kosher salt. Set aside.
Herb Garlic Mustard Baste
- 8 cloves Fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh herbs (parsley rosemary thyme), chopped
- 2 tsp Hot English mustard
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 oz Armagnac
In a small bowl, combine garlic, herbs, mustard, honey, olive oil and Armagnac. Stir and set aside.
Armagnac Butter Injection
- 1 stick Melted butter
- 1 oz Armagnac
- 1 Injection syringe
In a small pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter, add Armagnac and set aside, keeping warm.
Bradley Smoker Temperature: 230 degrees F
- Set Bradley Smoker up according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Set temperature to 230 degrees F.
- Take beef tenderloin and baste it with Herb Garlic Mustard Baste, then rub it with the 4 pepper rub, pressing firmly so the pepper adheres. Inject with Armagnac butter mixture then place in smoker.
- Set thermometer to internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Smoke for 1 1/2 – 2 hours until internal temperature reads 135 degrees F.
- During the smoking process, inject Armagnac Butter into the beef tenderloin as it smokes.
- Remove from smoker. Allow meat to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.