To prepare this Smoked BBQ Chicken Wings recipe, you may use your wood of choice. The secret here to apply the BBQ sauce in the last hour of smoking. A consistent temperature of 275 F will make them crispy.
2 Pounds chicken wings
1 Tbsp ground chipotle powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp onion powder
1 Tsp black pepper
1 Tsp salt
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup BBQ sauce
- If desired, cut each chicken wing into three portions: drumette, middle portion, and tip. Discard the tip of the wings and place the other portions in a large bowl.
- Mix together the chipotle powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, and brown sugar together. Toss the wings in the seasonings so they are evenly coated.
- Set up the smoker for 275°F using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes of choice.
- Lay the seasoned wings on smoker racks and smoke for about 2 hours.
- Toss the wings in the BBQ sauce and place back on the smoker racks. Smoke for another hour, or until cooked through and the skin is crisped up.
- Remove wings from the smoker and serve.