This recipe comes from the awesome Amanda Lynn Mayhew. She is one of the top female hunters in the industry and the host of Just Hunt. And a Bradley Smoker enthusiast.
2 lbs Bear Roast, trimmed and sliced in ½ inch lengths
1 Cup of brown sugar
½ Cup of soy sauce
½ Cup of water
2 Tbsp of kosher salt
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Hickory
- Combine all the ingredients for the brine in a large bowl and place the trimmed and sliced bear roast into the mixture.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Take the bear roast slices out of the brine and pat dry.
- Set your Bradley Smoker to 285°F and smoke for 6-8 hours (or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached) using Bradley Hickory Flavor Bisquettes.
- Serve with any fresh vegetables or sides, and enjoy with this tender and juicy slow smoked bear with a hint of sweetness.
Recipe by: Amanda Lynn Mayhew