This is a Burger that’s unusual and great. It has a surprising twist. NO Ketchup or Mustard. From there it’s up to you. You can either grill or smoke the burger. I prefer to smoke at 200° for about 20 min then hit the grill until done.
- Ground chuck seasoned the fat gives a better flavour.
- Sesame Seed burger bun
- Make burgers about 1/2″ thick and big enough to completely cover a large Sesame Seed burger bun. Salt and Pepper to taste. They’ll end up weighing about 1/3+ pounds each.
- Place in a 200°F preheated smoker, and apply 20 minutes of smoke. Then remove from smoker and finish cooking them on the grill.
- Or just fully cook on the grill.
- Toast bun lightly and spread good “Roquefort Dressing” on both insides of bun.
- Top with burger and onion, Vlasic Hamburger Dill pickle. PLUS: what ever strikes your fancy (Lettuce, tomato, Bacon).
Comment: I’ve tried it with Blue Cheese Dressing but it just doesn’t have that bite that Roquefort throws at you.
I usually make my own dressing because good chunky Roquefort Dressing is just hard to find, Blue is easy to find.