Inspired by the Christmas song, but without the open fire. Read on to discover how to roast chestnuts using your smoker.
1 – 2 lbs fresh unshelled chestnuts
1 – 2 Bradley Flavor Bisquettes (your choice of flavour)
1. Score an “X” into the shell of the chestnuts to prevent them from popping too much.
2. Inspect all chestnuts to make sure none are dried up, cracked or rattling on the inside.
3. Give the chestnuts a rinse to help soften the shells for peeling at a later time. This also reduces the charring on the surface and allows the chestnuts to steam more while cooking.
4. Lay the Chestnuts out on a smoker rack and preheat your grill to 400°F.
5. Cook for 15 minutes and watch carefully to prevent burning.
6. Turn and move the chestnuts around every 5 minutes to allow them to cook evenly.
1. Turn on your smoke with your favorite preference of Bradley Flavor Bisquettes (Apple is good).
2. Peel the chestnuts out of their shells and place on smoker rack.
3. Smoke with wood for 10-15 minutes depending on how smoky you like it.
4. You can now add your choice of seasoning for additional flavours.
5. Serve while still hot or warm and enjoy!
By Kosta Kokinis.