A classic reinvented! You can’t imagine how good this dessert is. It’s great when you serve it hot or cold with caramel sauce and icing sugar.
1 Loaf crusty white bread, cubbed
1½ Cups milk
1 Cup pumpkin puree
¼ Cup maple syrup
¼ Cup brown sugar
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1½ Tsp cinnamon
½ Tsp ginger
½ Tsp nutmeg
¼ Tsp allspice
⅛ Tsp ground cloves
¼ Tsp salt
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Apple
For garnish (optional)
- Cube bread into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all ingredients expect for the bread.
- Pour batter over bread.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes while liquid is being absorbed by bread.
- Preheat smoker to 250°F with Apple Flavor Bisquettes.
- Divide among 4 small ceramic dishes and smoked for 40 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from smoker and serve with caramel sauce and icing sugar (optional).
Recipe by: Lena Clayton