Chances are you have seen many pork ribs recipes here. Less popular, beef ribs are larger and demand a low and slow preparation. This recipe, though, will take you just 3 hours of smoking and will turn out great.
1 rack center cut beef ribs
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 ½ tsp dry mustard
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup BBQ sauce
- Mix the spices and sugar together to make the seasoning mixture.
- Peel the membrane off the back of the rack of ribs. Generously rub the seasoning mixture all over the ribs. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Set smoker to 225°F using Mesquite flavour bisquettes.
- Place the ribs in the smoker and smoke for 3 hours, or until the internal temperature of the ribs are 190°F.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker and generously coat the ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Let them rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
By: Steve Cylka