Spicy Jewish Lamb Sausage
1 Lb of Lamb shoulder
3 Oz.Beef fat
1Tbsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp salt
½ Tsp black pepper
¼ Tsp pepper flakes
2 Tsp garlic powder
2 Tsp paprika
1 Tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp cold red wine
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Oak
- Soak the lamb casing in fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Grind the meat together coarsely.
- Combine ground meat with seasonings and wine and mix together in stand-mixer slowly with paddle attachment.
- Place meat mixture in fridge while assembling sausage stuffer.
- Run fresh water through casing.
- Stuff sausage into casing and tie off end.
- Twist into links and prick any air pockets with a sterilized pin.
- Hang sausage in smoker then turn on the smoker and raise the temperature slowly.
- Smoke at 160°F with Oak Flavor Bisquettes for 2-4 hours or until and internal temperature of 150°F is reached.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton