How to make 3-2-1 ribs. In this video, Gerardo from @grodgrills makes the first of a three-part rib series. The first video is about smoking a 3-2-1 rib. Check out our food smoking blog for some creative recipes: https://bit.ly/2I1XtoU
Brown sugar, garlic, pepper, salt, and paprika mix
Tailgaters party rub
Brown sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and paprika mix
Rib glaze and barbecue sauce
Directions to recipe:
1. Using a paper towel, pull down the membrane of your ribs and sprinkle mustard on the rib.
2. Using your seasoning and sprinkle it all over the rib, flip your rib over and do the same thing.
3. Let your rib with seasoning sit for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat your smoker and let it run at 250 F (121 C), add 5-6 bisquettes to the smoker, put the smoke time for 3 hours and proceed to put the rib into the smoker.
5. After 1 hour, check your ribs again, if it is still dry spritz it with water and spin the rack around and spritz water again.
6. After 3 hours, bring the ribs out and sprinkle brown sugar on an aluminum foil, put pads of unsalted butter on the brown sugar, drizzle honey on top of the brown sugar and butter, add the same seasoning rub you used, put the rib bone-side up and double wrap the rib in aluminum foil.
7. Put the rib with aluminum back on the rack and smoke it for another 2 hours.
8. After two hours, take your ribs out and sauce them with a rib glaze and BBQ sauce.
9. Put your rib into the smoker for another hour, once it’s done, take it out and enjoy!
Recipe by: Gerardo- Grod Grills