Whether is for a holiday dinner or special occasion, this smoked bourbon beef tenderloin is the perfect recipe! An absolute showstopper meal for guests or intimate date nights.
- 2 to 2-1/2 lb trimmed beef tenderloin roast
- 2 Minced cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 Cup Dijon mustard
- Coarse ground black and green peppercorns
- Kosher sea salt
- Take a large piece of plastic wrap and lay the tenderloin on it.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, mustard, and bourbon. Apply it evenly over the tenderloin. Wrap in the plastic and take it to the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Unwrap the plastic and generously season the tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Set the temperature of your smoker to 180°F (82°C) and preheat it.
- Place the tenderloin inside the smoker and smoke it for 60 minutes. You can use mesquite bisquettes for this recipe.
- Then, remove it from the smoker and finish on the grill. Preheat your grill to 400°F (204°C), add the tenderloin and cook it until the internal temperature reaches 130°F (54°C) (about 20-30 minutes).
- Remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.