o Salmon cut into portions
o 1 Liter (4 cups) water
o ¼ cup pickling salt
o 1 Tbsp brown sugar
o 4 cloves garlic sliced
o 1 medium size onion chopped
o 1 Lemon squeezed then quartered
o Club House “Spicy Pepper Medley” or “Tex-Mex”
DIRECTIONS FOR THE BRINE:
In a bowl with water, blend/dissolve pickling salt, brown sugar, garlic, onion, and lemon. Then pour into a large ziplock freezer bag. Add Salmon portions in each bag, allowing space. Refrigerate and allow to brine overnight.
- Remove Salmon portions from brine and (important) rinse in cold water. Otherwise, your smoked fish will taste very salty!
- Place filets on racks. Season liberally with “Spicy Pepper Medley”, or your favorite spice.
- Place brined and seasoned Salmon filets into a Bradley Smoker at pre-warmed temperature 150’F (65.6C) to smoke for 10-12 hours.
- Use 6-8 Alder wood pucks at the start of smoking.
1. Maple Syrup basting after 4 hrs smoking
2. Add a small amount of rum to maple syrup baste
3. Candied Smoked Salmon – Cut salmon into 1” width pieces, brine as above, smoke as above for ~6 hrs then baste several times near the end of cooking with
6 oz Rum, 4 oz Red Wine, 2 cups brown sugar, 1 cup Maple syrup
Low Heat to dissolve sugars and thicken for ~ 1 hr