Sablefish, or black cod, is a mild white fish from the area of the North Pacific Ocean. The flavour of smoke enhances its fat content and the flaky texture.
2 sablefish fillets, skin on
4 tbsp honey
2 cups water
6 tbsp kosher salt
6 tbsp granulated sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
Zest & Juice of 1 orange
Bradley Smoker Flavor Bisquettes – Alder
- Combine all ingredients for the brine.
- Brine sablefish for 4 hours.
- Rinse and pat dry, then allow to dry further in a cool, breezy place to form pellicle (a thin skin or film).
- Preheat smoker to 225°F with Alder Bisquettes and smoke for 2 hours.
- After 1 hour, brush sablefish with honey.
- Remove from smoker and serve!
by Lena Clayton