This recipe is for a 50# ,for a 25# cut in 1/2 For deer & elk.
- 30# of lean deer,elk or moose.
- 15# of pork boston butts (BNLS)
- 2.5# of pork back fat. “This is the most important!”
- .50 Kosher salt
- .25 Coarse ground pepper. If you can’t grind your own check your local grocery store.
- .15 Garlic Salt
- .16 Crushed red pepper
- .08 White pepper
- .24 cayenne pepper
- Paprika is a option (WILL ADD COLOR AND FLAVOR)
When ready to make sausage give yourself some time.
- Grind your wild meat & your pork together making sure you combine the two well.
- Mix all of your dry seasoning into a large mixing bowl.
- Next add 3 cups of hot water to your dry mixture. Mix well! (Option: 4 o/z liquid smoke maybe used per for 50# of meat.)
- Add mixture to meat & mix well, re-grind the mixture.
- Cover & let stand in a refrigerated state for 4 days.
This sausage can be stuffed into hog casings or sheep.
- For hog casings it is smoked/ cooked for 6hr.
- For Sheep casings it is smoked/ cooked for 2.5—3.5hr.
Enjoy, butcher boy