- 3 kg (6 lb) pork butt roast
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) paprika
- 10 ml (2 tsp) brown sugar
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) onion salt
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) celery salt
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) garlic salt
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) dry mustard
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) ground black pepper
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 c) apple cider vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 c) water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) coarsely ground pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) coarse salt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vegetable oil
PreparationThe night before serving mix together rub ingredients and massage into the pork roast. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 45 minutes to an hour.
Preheat Bradley Smoker to between 100°C and 120°C (220°F and 250°F). Using Hickory flavour bisquettes smoke /cook for approximately 8 hours or until the meat reaches a minimum internal temperature of 70°C (160°F). Mix together the sauce ingredients and baste the pork with sauce, setting aside remaining basting sauce. Continue smoke/cooking for an additional hour.
To serve pull/shred the pork into slivers. Pile on hamburger or Kaiser buns and drizzle with remaining basting sauce.