Simply delicious! You can store this Smoked Jalapeno BBQ Sauce in the fridge for up two weeks.
2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
1/3 cup vinegar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 garlic cloves
1/2 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
4-6 jalapeño peppers, cored and roughly chopped
1. Set the smoker to 250 F using Hickory wood bisquettes.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the sauce has a smooth consistency.
3. Pour the sauce into a foil lasagna pan, or other container that can go in the smoker. Place on a smoker rack.
4. Place the sauce in the smoker and cook for 3 hours, stirring the sauce after each hour.
5. After smoking, stir in a little water if the sauce is thicker than desired.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.