A lot of people start saying in October “ah.. grilling and smoking season is over” … Well that is only if you can see the glass half empty instead of half full! We here on the West Coast grill and food smoke all year round! And there isn’t an ingredient that hasn’t touched my grill, I can tell you.
Grilling-wise it is always fun to try new stuff. Now, if you are in the market to try something new on your grill, try grilled peaches! It is so tasty. Easy to make and sure to be a mouth watering dessert! Add some Bourbon spiced whipped cream on top and you have yourself a really good treat!
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup whipping cream
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar (icing sugar)
2 tbsp bourbon
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Cut peaches in half and remove stones, brush flesh-side with oil
2. Grill peaches for approximately 5 minutes or until warm & slightly charred
3. Whip cream, cinnamon & nutmeg in a stand-mixer until soft peaks
4. Gradually add sugar and whip until stiff peaks stage.
5. Fold in bourbon & vanilla
6. Scoop bourbon-spiced whipped cream into centers of peaches and serve immediately
By Lena Clayton