Today we’ll be using the Bradley Smoker for the cold smoke setup. I’ll be showing you guys how we set it up that way if you guys want to smoke some cheese and then I’ll show you what we got in a Bradley. Keep your temps low and take advantage of the cold days. And if not, use ice in your smoker on a try to keep the temps around 90F(32.2C). Smoke for about 5-6 hours. The flavor is just amazing.
- Bradley Smoker with cold smoke adapter kit
- Blocks Of Cheese
- You will need a Bradley cold smoking adapter kit for this recipe.
- We have the cheese in the cold smoking chamber for 5 hours and 35 minutes and the temperature there is 75F(23.9C)
- Do not go over 90°F (32.2C) and you want to smoke it for about 6 hours to get really nice blocks of mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, mozzarella, swiss cheese, jack cheese, etc.
- Check-in at 2 hours – at this point, you would’ve used around 5 Apple bisquettes (20 minutes each – 1 hour 40 minutes total)
- The temperature inside would be around 69F(20.6C)
- Cold smoke for another 2.5 hours for another check-in
- Smoke for another 30 minutes and remove the cheese (around 5 hours of smoke in total)