Try this Smoked Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Poppers recipe. Then, pop a few of them in your mouth and feel the burn. Bacon, cheese and jalapeños – what’s not to love?
It will be a little tricky to make jalapenos stand on end, but we give you instructions on that too. Use wood of preference to smoke them, but maple. hickory or pecan will work good.
10 jalapeño peppers
2/3 cup cream cheese
2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup onion, finely minced
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
10 slices of bacon, cooked and then crumbled
6-9 Bradley Smoker wood bisquettes
- Make the cheese filling by mixing the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, and spices. Stir in some of the bacon crumble, reserving some for the topping.
- Core the jalapeno peppers.
- Fill the peppers with the cheese mixture and top with the remaining bacon crumble. Place them in a jalapeno stand/rack so they are standing up. Place the stand/rack on a Bradley Smoker rack
- Set the smoker to 250 F using wood bisquettes of choice (Pecan, maple or hickory work great).
- Smoke the poppers for 2-3 hours, depending on the level of smoked flavour you want.
Note: To smoke the jalapeno poppers, you need to use a special popper stand or create a holder for them. I used an aluminum lasagna pan by cutting cross marks in the bottom part of the pan, as seen in the picture above. Fold the corners of the cut marks down to create holes large enough to hold the peppers upright while smoking.