10 to 15 skin on, bone-in chicken thighs and wings
For the brine
2 Cups amber beer (approximately 1.5 cans)
2 Cups water
3 Tbsp kosher salt
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp hot sauce
For the rub
¼ Cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp kosher salt
2 Tsp paprika
1 Tsp cayenne pepper
½ Tsp black pepper
1 Tsp granulated or dehydrated garlic
1 Tsp dried oregano
1 Tsp dried basil
- Mix together ingredients for the brine. Add the beer in last as it will foam up a bit.
- Cover chicken with the brine and place covered in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and rinse with cold water.
- Mix together the ingredients for the rub.
- Toss the chicken pieces evenly in the rub.
- Place wings and thighs directly on the smoker rack.
- Smoke the chicken at 225°F with Alder Bisquettes.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton