Bacon and smoke add a hit of flavour to this lean cut of meat, for lip-smacking results. If you like Hawaiian pizza, this recipe’s for you.
2 pieces of pork tenderloin
1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
10-12 bacon slices
1/4 cup grape jelly
1 tbsp water
Bradley Smoker Bisquettes (Hickory, Apple or Cherry)
1. Trim the pork tenderloins of any fat and remove the membrane. Holding knife horizontally, slice the pork tenderloin in half being careful not to pierce through the other end.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the crushed pineapple with the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese.
3. Spread the cheese and pineapple mixture evenly in the openings of the pork tenderloin. Close up the tenderloins ensuring that the cheese stays inside the pocket of the meat.
4. Wrap the tenderloins with the bacon and place on smoker rack. It may be wise to have the tenderloins with the cut open side facing up, so that any melted cheese will stay in the pocket and not ooze out.
5. Set the smoker to 275°F using wood bisquettes of choice (hickory, apple or cherry work great).
6. Smoke the meat until it reaches an internal temperature of 155°F and the bacon is rendered and starting to crisp, approximately 2 – 2 1/2 hours.
7. With about 30 minutes left of smoking, whisk together the grape jelly and water in a small bowl so that the jelly is thinner in consistency. Brush the jelly all over the bacon and then continue smoking until fully cooked.
8. Remove the pork tenderloins from the smoker and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Slice into 1 inch medallions and serve.