- 60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 120 ml (1/2 c) dry white wine
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) tsp dried tarragon
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped chives
- 4 halibut steaks – 1 kg (2 lbs)
- Lemon wedges
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, white wine, tarragon and chives.
- Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in a shallow glass pan.
- Pour marinade over fish, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat Bradley Smoker to between 100 °C and 120 °C (220 °F and 250 °F).
- Using Alder flavour bisquettes smoke/cook for approximately 60 minutes, checking to make certain you do not overcook.
Serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.