Are you one of those people that roll your eyes when you head to a BBQ and see the classic, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and ketchup on the table when burgers are being grilled? I implore you to give this burger a try! It encompasses your traditional savory tomato flavor but includes some sweet nostalgia of ground-up strawberries and peanut butter on top. So switch up the traditional this weekend and get out of the box with this adult PB&J!
- Ground Beef
- Sriracha Hamburger Buns
- 1 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Vegan Chicken less Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh Lettuce
Strawberry Ketchup Ingredients:
- Strawberries 8-10
- ½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Ground Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- ½ cup Ketchup
Strawberry Ketchup Directions:
- Rinse strawberries under cold water and cut off the stems.
- Cut into small pieces, place into a saucepan, add in olive oil, turn on medium heat, and stir.
- Cook strawberries until they become a little soft, place them into a hand blender or regular blender. Blend until the strawberries turn into a sauce consistency.
- Pour the mixture back into a saucepan and add in the paprika, jalapeno powder, sugar, and ketchup. Stir for about 60 seconds on medium heat and taste test.
- Time to cool the sauce- Place into a refrigerator-friendly container until the sauce becomes thicker.
Sprits Mixture- In a spray bottle add in 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1/3 cup Apple juice, and 1 cup Sparkling water.
Bradley Smoker Setting:
Cook Time: 90 Minutes
Temp: 226F or 107C for the first 60 minutes. Then 260F or 126C for 30 minutes
Wood: Caribbean Blend
Smoke Time: 60 Minutes
P10 Bradley Smoke
Caribbean Blend Bisquettes- Bring a whole world of flavor to your next meal using the Caribbean Blend Bisquettes. We created the perfect pair by infusing mesquite bisquettes with allspice, a Caribbean staple. With flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and pepper, you can be sure you will never be short on flavor.
When paired with mesquite these bisquettes can for sure bring the authentic Jamaican flavor to your Jerk Chicken. Also pairing well with beef, game, lamb, poultry, and vegetables.
Premium Bisquettes are the newest line of Bradley Flavor Bisquettes®, featuring spices and herbs to enhance the taste and aroma of your favorite smoked dishes.
Available in 24-pack and 48-pack sizes.
- Patty forming- using thawed out ground beef, place ground beef into a mixing bowl. Add in ground pepper, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix and form the meat into patties of your size choice.
- Place into the fridge for an overnight marinade. Splash some Worcestershire sauce on top of each patty.
- Set your Bradley Smoker to the above settings.
- Place hamburger patties onto the Bradley smoker rack. I use the Bradley Smoker Nonstick mats to keep my food from sticking to the racks when I smoke.
- Smoke the patties at 226 F (107.8C) for 60 minutes and sprits every 30 minutes.
- After smoking for 60 minutes, time to crank up the temperature to 260F (126.7C).
- Smoke the hamburgers until they reach an internal temperature of 155F (68.3C), which’s 5 degrees away from being cooked to USDA standards.
- Now fire up the grill and sear those patties on both sides to get a nice crisp texture on the outside of the patties. Once the internal temperature reaches 160F (71.1C) the patties are done cooking and it’s time to build the burger.
- Using the sriracha hamburger buns, add the following, peanut butter spread, lettuce, meat patty, tomatoes, onions, and top it off with the strawberry ketchup sauce.
Recipe by: Bryan Edwards