All you need is time to prepare this Smoked Texas Style Brisket. It takes just a few ingredients to season it and your smoker will do the rest. Slice against the grain.
10-12 Lb beef brisket, fat trimmed to ¼” thickness
⅓ Cup kosher salt
⅓ Cup black pepper
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Mesquite
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper before preheating your Bradley Smoker with mesquite flavour bisquettes.
- Let the brisket sit at room temperature for an hour.
- Bring the temperature of your smoker to 225-250°F.
- Place brisket, fatty side up in the smoker.
- Rotate every 3 hours. If either the top or bottom is coloring much faster than the other, flip over in smoker.
- Smoke until meat is very tender, but not falling apart and a temperature of 195°F is reached.
- Let the brisket rest at least 30 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton