Jerky is a great snack for hiking, hunting and fishing because it needs no refrigeration.
- 1.5 kg (3 lb) lean meat (beef, venison)
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) water
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp) salt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) hot sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chili powder
- Slice the meat with the grain into 3 mm (1/8″) thick strips.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and rub the mixture into the strips of meat.
- Place in a glass or plastic (non-metallic) container, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove meat strips from refrigerator, place on oiled smoker racks and allow to dry and set.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to around 65°C (150°F).
- Using Special Blend flavour bisquettes smoke/cook with the vent open and no water in the drip bowl for approximately 6 to 8 hours.