- 2.5 kg (5 lb) venison roast
For the rub, you’ll need 30 ml (2 tbsp) paprika, 15 ml (1 tbsp) chilli powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, sugar, and salt. Then add 10 ml (2 tsp) dry mustard powder, thyme, curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 90 ml (1/3 c) sour cream
- 60 ml (1/4 c) chopped fresh coriander
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- 4 to 6 drops hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine rub ingredients and massage into venison roast.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 105°C and 120°C (220°F and 250°F).
- Place the venison roast in the Bradley Smoker and using Mesquite flavour bisquettes smoke/cook for approximately 4 to 6 hours.
Combine all guacamole ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Let venison stand 5 minutes, slice and serve with the guacamole.