Bone-in and skin-on chicken is by far the best for smoking. But sometimes you’ve got a picky eater at your table, or there’s nothing else in the fridge. Here’s a great solution: Smoked Harissa Chicken Breast that won’t dry out!
6 Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
3-4 Tbsp of Harissa paste (a spicy Moroccan sauce, if you’re not a fan of spice you can swap out for a BBQ sauce as well)
For the brine
4 Cups water
¼ Cup kosher salt
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp chili flakes
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Oak
- Dissolve together ingredients for the brine.
- Cover chicken breasts in brine and place in fridge to brine for a minimum of 4 hours. Overnight is best!
- Preheat smoker with Oak Flavor Bisquettes to 250°F.
- Remove chicken from brine, rinse and pat dry.
- Slather chicken in Harissa paste.
- Smoke for 1-2 hours or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. After one hour has passed, watch the internal temperature closing and remove from the smoker just before hitting 165°F and it will be just right!
Recipe by: Lena Clayton