Ahhh smoked turkey legs–those cases full of deliciously salty, slightly hammy turkey legs, smoked to a dark and glossy perfection. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to re-create Disney magic.
Sweet barbecue sauce
Turkey legs (4)
1. Make a brine out of salt, black, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, maple syrup, leave it in for 20 minutes (make sure everything is dissolved).
2. Throw the brine into a bowl, throw some ice, get that nice and cold. Then place your turkey legs right in the brine. Make sure they’re all fully submerged.
3. Put the turkey legs and brine in the refrigerator for at least three to four hours but preferably overnight.
4. Now take the turkey legs out of that brine. and season the turkey legs with some sweet barbecue rub.
5. Set your Bradley smoker to 320 degrees *Farenheit* (160 degrees Celsius) using applewood to smoke it.
6. Once the turkey legs reach 165 degrees *Farenheit* (74 degrees Celsius) internal, take those out and base them in some barbecue sauce.
7. Put them back in the Bradley for an additional ten minutes, let that sauce get nice, and tacked down to the meat.
Recipe by: Miguel’s Cookingwithfire