- Turkey Breast, skin on, no wings – 4lbs to 5lbs
Brine Ingredients Per Gallon Of Water
1 gallon of water (use as many as it takes to completely cover bird; deep plastic bucket works best)
Mix 1 tbsp each Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion powder, and Old Bay. Then add 1 Sprig of fresh rosemary (or 1 Tbsp. of powdered), 1 Bay leaf and 1 cup of salt.
Bassman’s Turkey Rub
Just mix 1 tbsp each of Pepper, Onion powder, Salt Oregano and Emeril’s Essence (The Original Essence)
For the brining, soak 2 fresh turkey breasts overnight. The next day, rinse well and pat dry. Then apply olive oil & your favorite rub, on and under skin. Leave skin on.
- Let sit for 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- Pre-heat smoker to 200-220°F. Alternate bisquettes, between cherry & hickory, every other one.
- Smoke/ cook until internal temp of meat is 175°F. Approximately 4-5 hrs.
- After smoke/ cooking, let turkey rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove breast from bone, and slice against the grain.