These Smoked Tuna Cakes make a light lunch or dinner. But you can also serve them as an appetizer Kids will love it!
1 Albacore tuna loin
For tuna cakes
1 Cup bread crumbs
2 Celery sticks, minced
1 Onion, minced
1 Red bell pepper, minced
5-6 green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp Sriracha
¼ Cup mayonnaise
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 Tsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Alder
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Cup water
- Combine together ingredients for marinade until dissolved.
- Cut tuna loin into 3 inch wide pieces and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat smoker to 140°F.
- Smoke tuna for 1 hour with Alder Bisquettes.
- Remove tuna from smoker and flake with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Hand press into patties. If patties are too dry and aren’t sticking together well then add more mayonnaise. If they are too sticky then add more bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add tuna cakes.
- Cook about 4 minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton