There is no doubt! Everybody agrees that the best way to prepare chicken wings is to smoke them. It you want to add a completely different flavour to chicken wings, try this recipe. The result will be sweet and smoky wings with a bit of heat!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Yield: Serves 4 or more
2 Pounds chicken wings
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp ground ginger
1 Tsp ground black pepper
1 Tsp ground cumin
2 Tsp dried chili flakes
1 Cup Thai sweet chili spring roll dipping sauce
- If desired, cut each chicken wing into three portions: drumette, middle portion and tip. Discard the tip of the winds and place the other portions in a large bowl.
- In a bowl, mix together the salt, garlic powder, ginger, black pepper, cumin and chili flakes. Sprinkle the wings with the seasoning, so they are evenly coated.
- Set up the smoker to 250°F using wood bisquettes of choice.
- Lay wings on smoker racks and smoke for about 2-2 ½ hours or until cooked through.
- Remove wings from the smoker and toss with the Thai sweet chili dipping sauce. Serve.
By: Steve Cylka